Friday the 13th, Walking Under a Ladder, Tossing Salt over Your Shoulder, Black Cat Crossing Your Path, The Full Moon Driving Out the Crazies, or Events Happening in Threes…all superstitions that can mean good luck, bad luck, or just how things happen--depending on your views. It makes you wonder why these superstitions were invented—and why so many believe in them whole heartedly. Makes for an interesting conversation over cup of
General superstitions aside-I have my own set of crazy “superstitions”. Who knows if they hold any merit?? Probably just as much merit as the ones listed above—which is just a hair above ZERO if you ask me. So here—to humor you—are my personal superstitions:
2) If I walk a route every day the same direction—things tend to stay the same. If I reverse the route, I reverse my luck.
3) If a Rottweiler or Pit Bull crosses my path, this usually means trouble. (Black kitties have nothing on these bad puppies!).
5) I must sleep on the same side of the bed every night or I will have a bad day the next day .
6) The numbers 3 and 7 are lucky numbers. The numbers 5 and 6 not so lucky.
7) If I make plans to do something on a specific date at a specific time—someone will ALWAYS schedule an event that I have to attend for one of my kids on that very same day I’ve made plans to do something else. Even if I schedule my event way in advance—I almost always have to cancel it at least once—usually twice. Always.
So these are my personal superstitions…more or less something to laugh about rather than get worked up over.
Do you have any personal superstitions?